Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Bench Project cont.

Well it looks like it will be a challenge to get the photos I wanted from the office lobby. Most of the people I have asked to pose are refusing to have their picture taken. It was unexpected. I had hoped that with a smile and an explanation of my intentions I could get a few people to be willing to sit for me. So far I am batting only 1 out of 5. I will continue to visit this lobby and try to get a few people to rest for a moment on the bench for me.

So I will begin this project with existing photos of people on benches that I have already shot. It just happens that I have always had a penchant for people on benches. As this image is one that has been immortalized by many photographers I feel a sense of kinship with them now that I have taken on this project.

The image above was shot in Italy.

No comments: